Granny Flat Builder North Shore
There are a lot of benefits that come with the building of granny flats north shore. Not only are they able to provide the right kind of accommodation, but they are also a way in which you can be able to make extra money from the rent that is going to be paid. Having an extra rental income could significantly help you with your loan repayments which are usually very stressful for most people. However, there are some planning and building regulations that you may need to follow before you can be able to build a granny flat north shore. Even though you may not need to do immediately, there are those very common conversions that you may need to construct. These conversions include a garden shed as well as a garage which may be constructed to be either a one or two bedroom flat which also has bathrooms.
Building Approvals in North Sydney, Willoughby and Ku-Ring-Gai Councils
When it comes to granny flats and its construction, some regulations govern it. Most of these regulations tend to focus mainly on where the granny flat is going to be built and the size of the granny flat.
The regulations that must be followed have been mentioned below.
- You have the right to build a granny flat in the area that you are in, but all you need to do is to check with your local council so that you can be sure.
- The size limits that have been set for a granny flat are usually in sqm per property or block.
- The granny flat that you are constructing should meet all the planning controls of your local council, and you should also make sure that you have a development application consent.
- In the construction process, the plots must not in any way be subdivided.
- The granny flat that you are constructing must meet all the requirements that have been set out in the building codes.
- There can only be one granny flat on every block.
- You are not allowed to build a granny flat on a block that has dual occupancy.
- A granny flat can either be constructed as an attached unit to the main house or a standalone unit.
In case you are planning to build a granny flat, and you are not sure of the regulations and requirements that you are supposed to meet, it would be an excellent idea to contact your local Sydney council so that you can be able to get the right information.
Some of the benefits of granny flats on Sydney’s north shore
Some of the other advantages include:
- You are able to have a steady income once it is paid off.
- You are able to pay yourself after five to seven years.
- It is a kind of long-term investment.
- The value of your property is increased.
- You are able to make money out of wasted or unused yard space.